A Kind of Homecoming
Cleric of Oghma
|Power of Skill|
|Hero of Faith|
|Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)|
|Armor Proficiency (Scale Mail)|
|Jack of all Trades|
|Hymn of Resurgance|
|Weapon of Astral Flame|
|Weapon of the Gods|
|Spirit of Healing|
|Inescapable Fullblade +1||Weapon|
|Magic Scalemail +2||Body|
|Healer’s Brooch +1||Neck|
|Symbol of Hope +1||Worn|
- Sharat’s family is originally from Turmish, on the southern coast of the Sea of Fallen Stars, from a long line of followers of Oghma
- several generations ago, his family migrated northward along the Sea of Fallen Stars, intending to settle in Procampur—a major seat of Oghma worship
- instead, his grandfather felt called even further north into the Earthspur mountains and to the Monestary of the Yellow Rose, where the followers of Ilmater have kept an extensive history of the surrounding regions of Damara, Impiltur and Vaasa.
Sharat’s family history…
- Sharat’s father, a young man at the Monestary of the Yellow Rose, heard the many stories of the brave Paladin of Ilmater, Gareth Dragonsbane, and was determined to join his effort to unite Damara in the wake of the defeat of the Witch King.
- Sharat’s father left the Monestary and settled in __, one of the fractured provinces of Damara. he fell in love with a priestess of Ilmater, and together they worked tirelessly to do their small part in healing the wounds of war and to help unite Damara again under Gareth’s benevolent rule
- twenty-years ago, when Dragonsbane was assassinated, Sharat’s father feared for the safety of his young family and sent them to the Monestary of the Yellow Rose. he did not catch up to them as intended, however. before he could finish gathering up the histories, unidentified assailants assualted the temple, killed its defenders, and burned it, and its histories, to the ground.
Life in the monestaries…
- growing up at the Monestary, Sharat’s mother raised Sharat as a peaceful child, avoiding any hint at prodding him to avenge his father’s death. after losing her husband, she didn’t want to lose a son as well.
- as a grown man, Sharat, like his father before him, fell in love with a young priestess of Ilmater named Sanda. they moved to another monestary elsewhere in the Earthspur mountain range, raising a family of his own: a daughter, Kalini, and a son, Birbal.
- until . . . one fateful day when a mercenary company sought refuge at their monestary, a band of goblinoids hot on their heels. knowing further enemy reinforcements were on the way, they sent for help from the nearest Damaran forces.
- as wave after wave of goblinoids assaulted the fortified monestary, Sharat and the mercenaries fought valiantly, but to no avail. Sharat survived, but his family did not, and something deep in Sharat’s soul snapped.
Sharat’s path to adventure…
- returning to the Monestary of the Yellow Rose, Sharat shed his peacful and fun-loving demeanor, replacing it with a grim determination to the art of warfare, vowing never to fail again those he has sworn to protect
Sharat’s worship of Oghma…
- Sharat is not destined for the library-bound worship of Oghma, but rather he follows the SKILL domain of Oghma’s influence
- Sharat takes great pride in his strength of arms and worships Oghma by perfecting his skills in combat
Sharat’s worship of Ilmater…
- Sharat is not just a Cleric of Oghma, but is also an Avenger of Ilmater, following the way of the Watchful Shepherd, seeking to save the people of Damara from their oppression
CHARACTER BUILDER SUMMARY (copy and paste into Summary Screen)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Sharat Kadim, level 6 Human, Cleric Background: Geography – Mountains, Family Tradition, Occupation – Scholar (Athletics class skill)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 19, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 10.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 16, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 10.
AC: 22 Fort: 19 Reflex: 16 Will: 20 HP: 50 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 12
TRAINED SKILLS Perception +12, Athletics +13, Religion +10, Insight +12, History +10, Heal +12
UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +4, Arcana +6, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +6, Intimidate +5, Nature +8, Stealth +4, Streetwise +5, Thievery +4
FEATS Cleric: Ritual Caster Human: Hero of Faith Level 1: Power of Skill Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade) Level 4: Armor Proficiency (Scale) Level 6: Jack of All Trades
POWERS Bonus At-Will Power: Recovery Strike Channel Divinity: Turn Undead Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame Cleric at-will 1: Righteous Brand Cleric encounter 1: War Priest’s Strike Cleric daily 1: Weapon of Astral Flame Cleric utility 2: Life Transference Cleric encounter 3: Blazing Beacon Cleric daily 5: Weapon of the Gods Cleric utility 6: Spirit of Healing
ITEMS Ritual Book, Inescapable Fullblade +1, Symbol of Hope +1, Reading Spectacles (heroic tier), Healer’s Brooch +1, Magic Scale Armor +2, Javelin RITUALS Gentle Repose, Comprehend Language ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======